“It’s just amazing how much your mindset changes when you walk into CityArts. Suddenly your priorities completely shift. It becomes all about the kids. There’s something beautiful in that…and something beautiful in having kids that are looking forward to seeing you every week.”
– Elizabeth Grammaticas, RISD Fridays Teaching Artist
The majority of individuals who volunteer with ¡CityArts! participate as teaching assistants in the classrooms, but there are lots of other ways to get involved (and you don’t have to be a Picasso!). Whether you excel at planning events, have a knack for design or enjoy working with youth, volunteering at ¡CityArts! is the perfect opportunity to give back to the community and support the arts.
Here are just a few ways you can volunteer your time:
- Become a Teaching Assistant or Homework Helper
- Be a ¡CityArts! photographer and/or reporter
- Provide professional feedback on ¡CityArts! marketing strategy
- Sign your group up for a Community Service Day or short term projects
- Translate documents to Spanish
So how do you get involved? Fill out and submit the application form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the ¡CityArts! Volunteer e-News mailing list. Interested candidates should be responsible, engaged and committed to the betterment of our community and the youth who live in it. All of us here at ¡CityArts! look forward to seeing you around!